AOIFE McNALLY, Educational and Developmental Psychologist
Aoife McNally was first registered as a Psychologist in 2010 and has worked with children, adolescents and their families in many diverse settings, including early intervention clinics, school psychology services and specialist statewide assessment and consultation services for children with a variety of neuro-developmental conditions. Aoife holds a Master of Psychology (Educational & Developmental) combined with a Post Graduate Diploma in Education which involved six years training at university.
Aoife has a particular interest in conducting comprehensive psycho-educational and diagnostic assessments for a range of learning and developmental issues; including specific learning disorders, attention problems, executive functioning issues and intellectual giftedness. She enjoys working collaboratively with parents to assist them to understand the strengths and needs of their children and has extensive experience liaising with teachers and schools to develop appropriate teaching and learning strategies, where needed. Aoife’s therapeutic areas of interest include child social-emotional development and family relationship functioning.
Master of Psychology (Educational & Developmental)
Post Graduate Diploma in Education
Bachelor of Psychology
Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Endorsed in the area of Educational & Developmental Psychology with the Psychology Board of Australia
Medicare provider through Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative
Working with Children Check
Areas of Interest:
Diagnostic Assessments for children and adolescents:
- Specific Learning Disorders (SLD), including dyslexia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia
- Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD)
- Intellectual Disability
- Intellectual Giftedness
Individual and Family Therapy for children, adolescents and parents:
- Child and adolescent social-emotional difficulties
- Family relationship functioning & conflicts
- Individual and group therapy with children and adolescents in the school setting.
- Diagnostic assessment for children and adolescents with a variety of neuro-developmental conditions at government statewide specialist services.
- Assessment and therapy for children with an autism spectrum disorder in an early intervention clinic.
- Provision of a diverse range of psychological and educational interventions in school settings and statewide specialist services.
Aoife welcomes referrals from individual families, medical specialists, health professionals, and educators.