DELIAH CASSIDY, Clinical Psychologist
Deliah Cassidy was first registered as a Psychologist in 2010. Since then, she has worked within a government department and a private perinatal mental health service. Deliah has assisted individual adults, parents, carers, and children from birth to 18 years. Deiah holds a Master of Psychology (Clinical) which involved six years training at university, including two years at Masters level.
Deliah has a particular interest and talent in working with women and families affected by perinatal issues. This includes antenatal and postnatal depression, anxiety, fertility issues, pregnancy loss, grief, as well as trauma counselling associated with a complicated birth. Deliah’s ability to provide families with a supportive and compassionate base during challenging life transitions allows parents to focus on their own well being and find enjoyment in parenting.
Master of Psychology (Clinical)
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) with Honours
Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Endorsed in the area of Clinical Psychology with the Psychology Board of Australia
Medicare provider through Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative
Working with Children Check
Australian Psychological Society (APS)
Areas of Interest:
Individual and family therapy for children, adolescents and parents:
- Perinatal issues including postnatal depression and anxiety, pregnancy loss and post traumatic issues
- Child and adolescent social-emotional difficulties
- Individual issues including depression, stress, anxiety, trauma
- Individual and group therapy with mothers and their infants.
- Diagnostic assessment for intellectual and behavioural disorders with children and adolescents.
- Individual therapy for mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and personality disorders.
- Trauma focused cognitive behavioural therapy with victims of child abuse.
Deliah welcomes referrals from individual families, medical specialists, health professionals, and educators.