JENNY SANDILANDS, Clinical Psychologist
Dr Jenny Sandilands was first registered as a Psychologist in 2010 and has worked predominantly with children, adolescents and their families. Jenny holds a Doctorate of Psychology (Clinical) which involved seven years of university study. While studying, Jenny also worked with Sports Challenge Australia, a Perth-based company which delivers mentoring programs to children and adolescents.
Jenny has a particular interest in working with families to understand the various behavioural and emotional challenges that children may face in today’s society. Jenny enjoys utilising a range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions and believes in working as a team to foster resilience and create lasting change. Jenny’s therapeutic areas of interest include childhood anxiety, mood disorders, adjustment disorders, interpersonal relationships and family functioning. Jenny aims to help clients move forward with their development using a strengths-based approach to treatment.
Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Medicare provider through Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative
Working with Children Check
National Police Certificate
Doctorate of Psychology (Clinical)
Bachelor of Science with Honours (Psychology)
Australian Psychological Society (APS)
Areas of Interest:
Individual and family therapy for children, adolescents and parents:
- Child and adolescent social-emotional difficulties
- Anxiety disorders
- Mood disorders
- Disruptive behaviour disorders
- High functioning autism spectrum disorder (Asperger’s)
- Interpersonal relationships and peer difficulties.
- Individual therapy for children, adolescents and their families in a private clinic.
- Assessment and therapy for children with an autism spectrum disorder in a private clinic.
- Group interventions for teenage mothers and their children in a school setting.
- Mentoring for indigenous youth in a remote school based setting.
Jenny is currently on parental leave and is planning a return in mid-2018. When she returns, Jenny welcomes referrals from individual families, medical specialists, health professionals, and educators.