Kimberly Sandford, Psychologist
Kimberly is a Registered Psychologist experienced in providing intervention for a wide variety of psychological presentations. She has worked with children, adolescents, adults, and families across a range of settings including not for profit organisations and within the private sector. Kimberly holds a Bachelor of Psychology and has undertaken six years of study and supervised practice.
With a trauma-informed and client-centred approach, Kimberly uses a range of evidence-based approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Attachment-based interventions, Family Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Brief Solution-Focused therapies.
Kimberly’s therapeutic areas of interest include anxiety and mood disorders, perinatal and infant mental health, social and emotional wellbeing in children and adolescents, stress and burnout, autism and developmental disabilities, and interpersonal relationships. She also enjoys working collaboratively with parents to navigate the complexities of parenting and children’s mental health.
Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Medicare provider through Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative
Working with Children Check
National Police Clearance
Bachelor of Psychology
Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
Areas of Interest:
- Individual therapy for children, adolescents and adults
- Child and adolescent socio-emotional difficulties
- Anxiety and mood disorders
- Perinatal and infant mental health
- Parenting and attachment
- Individual therapy for children, parents, adolescents and adults
- Working with parents to improve the attachment relationship with their child and navigate challenging behaviour
- Providing psychological therapy under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to children, young people, and adults with disabilities.
- Providing therapy through an employee assistance provider and a vocational rehabilitation provider to assist adults experiencing a range of mental health difficulties
- Development and delivery of psychoeducational group presentations
- Postvention support and consultation to secondary schools
Kimberly welcomes referrals from individual families, medical specialists, health professionals, and educators.