KYLEIGH SINCLAIR, Counselling Psychologist
Kyleigh Sinclair was first registered as a Psychologist in 2006 and has a well-established career working as a school psychologist providing a range of psychological services to children, adolescents and families. She also has experience in providing perinatal mental health interventions. Kyleigh holds a Master of Psychology (Counselling) which involved six years training at university, as well as a postgraduate Diploma of Education.
Kyleigh has especially strong skills in conducting assessments for potential intellectual giftedness, specific learning disorders (e.g. dyslexia), intellectual disability, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and various mental health disorders. She is similarly able to identify difficulties which may be attributable to other childhood disorders, such as language deficits, that may require further external review by other allied health providers.
Kyleigh’s therapeutic areas of interest include; anxiety, adjustment (stress-related) issues, social-emotional skill development, and women’s health issues relating to fertility, postnatal depression, and/or attachment difficulties. Kyleigh enjoys building strong interpersonal relationships with her clients and utilizes evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions to increase capacity and produce lasting positive change.
Master of Psychology (Counselling)
Bachelor of Psychology
Graduate Diploma of Education
Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Endorsed in the area of Counselling Psychology with the Psychology Board of Australia
Medicare provider through Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative
Working with Children Check
National Police Clearance
Areas of Interest:
Individual Therapy for children, adolescents and parents:
- Psychological concerns: anxiety, depression, perfectionism, stress/worry, self-esteem etc.
- Social-emotional difficulties
- Challenging behaviours
Individual Therapy for women, couples:
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Fertility issues
Individual Therapy for adults:
- Psychological concerns: anxiety, depression, perfectionism, self-esteem
- Adjustment issues (stressful life events)
Diagnostic Assessments for children, adolescents, and adults:
- Specific Learning Disorders (SLD), including dyslexia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia
- Intellectual giftedness
- Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD)
- Diagnostic assessments for learning, attention, and mental health disorders in school-aged populations.
- Non-suicidal self-injury and suicide risk assessments in school-ages populations.
- Functional behaviour analysis in formulating intervention planning for home and school.
- Trained facilitator in providing positive parenting workshops.
- Perinatal therapeutic interventions.
- Therapeutic interventions for children and adolescents experiencing emotional distress relating to; anxiety, depression, stress, perfectionism, relationship conflict, self-esteem etc.
Kyleigh welcomes referrals from individual families, medical specialists, health professionals, and educators.