NINA CASELLA, Clinical Psychologist
Nina Casella was first registered as a Psychologist in 2000 and has worked primarily within government statewide specialist services to address the needs of children and adolescents presenting with neuro-developmental concerns. Nina has worked within mulit-disciplinary teams to assess children with attention, behavioural and emotional difficulties and has used her assessment background to assist parents, carers and school teachers to understand the areas of weakness and strength behind the difficulties. Nina holds a Master of Psychology (Clinical) which involved six years training at university.
Nina has a particular interest in understanding executive functioning in children and adolescents and has been involved in developing and presenting groups for parents whose children struggle in areas such as planning, organisation, working memory and emotional control. Nina’s passion is in working together with parents to empower them to understand their child’s needs and how to address them. Nina’s therapeutic areas of interest are in using evidence based practices to address issues related to behavioural, anxiety and self-regulation difficulties.
Master of Psychology (Clinical)
Bachelor of Arts with Honours (Psychology)
Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Endorsed in the area of Clinical Psychology with the Psychology Board of Australia
Medicare provider through Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative
Working with Children Check
Australian Psychological Society (APS)
Areas of Interest:
Individual and family therapy for children, adolescents and parents:
- Child and adolescent social-emotional difficulties
- Parenting based information for executive functioning difficulties
- Family relationship functioning and conflict.
- Parent information groups to address child and adolescent executive functioning difficulties.
- Diagnostic assessment for children and adolescents presenting with neuro-developmental issues at government statewide services.
- Provision of assessment based educational and behavioural management strategies to assist children and adolescents presenting with complex learning, attention, behavioural and emotional needs.
Nina welcomes referrals from individual families, medical specialists, health professionals, and educators.