Brainbox Psychology Clinic offers counselling for children, adolescents, couples and families.
Our psychologists have expertise assisting with a range of interpersonal, behavioural and emotional challenges. Some of the reasons that families seek counselling assistance include:
- Sleeping problems
- Feeding difficulties
- Parent-infant attachment issues
- Worries, fears or sadness
- Challenging behavior
- School struggles
- Social relationships
- Self-esteem concerns
- Anxious thoughts or depressed mood
- Peer relationship difficulties
- Self-harm behaviours
- Post-natal depression and anxiety
- Parent-child relationship difficulties
- Parenting with consistency
- Family relationship difficulties
- Conflict between couples
- Challenges with blended families.
As we operate from a family therapy perspective, all relevant family members are included in the therapeutic process. Each counselling consultation is 50 minutes in duration. The first two or three consultations involve gaining a thorough understanding of your unique situation, in order to work together in developing a treatment plan. During family counselling, our work together is guided by the latest scientific research in parent-child attachment relationships. With children and adolescents, we use cognitive-behaviour therapy to explore connections between thoughts and feelings to create behavioural changes.